Before you jump into Mixed Chick Hair Whisperer Part II, have you read Part I? If not, click here.
The one thing I’ve learned about curly hair is that it needs moisture. If curly hair was a superhero, then conditioner would be the sidekick. Finding a conditioner that works for your curls sometimes feels like finding a needle in a haystack. (For you non-southerners, southerners use lots of metaphors)
I’m giving you a list of some great conditioners. Ready???
- Avalon Organics Scalp Treatment Tea Tree Conditioner. Why is it so great? If you have an itchy scalp, this is perfect for soothing it. The conditioner is thick and smells amazing! Most conditioners formulated for itchy scalps have a medicinal smell to it. Oh, and this conditioner has all natural ingredients! You can find it at Whole Foods or if you’re lucky, TJMaxx for much cheaper.
- AMLA Legend Moisture Remedy Conditioner. Why is it so great? This conditioner is the newest one in my collection. I scored it in my last OnyxBox. First off, I have to say that it smells amazing! It works wonders for moisturizing and detangling.
- Mixed Chicks Deep Conditioner/Mixed Chicks Leave in Conditioner. Why did you list a leave in and wash out conditioner? My baby girl has wavy, curly hair. Mixed Chicks works wonders on her texture. I’ve found that using the wash out conditioner and leave in together makes her curls moisturized and bouncy. She needs products that aren’t thick and heavy; a vast contrast from what mine & her sister’s curls need.
- TRESemme’ Curl Hydration Conditioner. Why is it so great? This conditioner is affordable (the 32 oz bottle is only $3.98 at Walmart), and detangles all variations of curl types like nobody’s business. There are only a few conditioners that work for all 3 of our curl types and this is one of them.
- Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Hair Masque. My absolute favorite!! Have you ever found a product and thought, where have you been all my life? Well, this one is it for me! My curls just wrap themselves around this conditioner when I put it in my hair. It hydrates, moisturizes and leaves my hair feeling and smelling amazing! I’ve always been a Shea Moisture fan, but this product brings a blend of mafura oil, mnuka honey and african rock fig to restore and moisturize, while fighting frizz. This is a must have for any curl pattern. Shea Moisture products can be pricey, but you can often find a buy 1 get 1 deal at your local Target or Ulta.
- Shea Moisture Fruit Fusion Coconut Water Weightless Hair Masque. Why is it so great? When I finish co-washing my daughters’ hair with this conditioner, their hair feels sleek, smooth, moisturized and has an amazing shine to it. It works on a variety of curl patterns and has all natural ingredients like dragon fruit, coconut water, lychee berry and green apple extracts.
Curly girls, what are some of your favorite conditioners? Have you tried any of these? I’d love to hear from you.
Are you following the blog yet? Click the follow button on the right side of the screen. Follow me on Twitter, Instagram & Facebook. Have a great week!